“One of our candidates got an autoresponder saying we weren’t going to pursue him and thanked him for his time.
“He wrote us back and said, ‘I understand you’re not a human, but I’d really like to get some feedback as to why you’re not interested in me.’
“I then wrote him back and gave him some feedback and wished him the best of luck and thanked him for his time again.
“He wrote me back and said, ‘I understand you’re not a human, but thank you for your feedback.”
Funny. And that’s right after we discussed the fact that more and more candidates are thanking chatbots for their help in answering questions via career sites, where there wasn’t “anyone” engaging candidates with answers before. Unless the recruiting teams answered candidate questions live during the week via career sites, or just responding directly back and forth with key candidates.
Year after year, the Talent Board Candidate Experience Awards Benchmark Researchtells us that competitive recruitment differentiators include investing more in communication and feedback loops, and not just in the later final interview, offer and onboarding stages. Investing more communication before candidates even apply improve the employer brand and encourage candidates to take the big next step of applying and expressing interest.
Our first two 2018 Candidate Experience Workshopscovered this and more recently in San Francisco, CA and Tempe, AZ – and they were both huge hits! A special thank you to Aerohive Networksand Sundt Constructionwho spoke and hosted us – two of our 50 North American CandE winners from 2017 based on having the highest positive candidate ratings in our annual benchmark research.
And speaking of communication and feedback loops, of those attendees who answered our workshop feedback survey after attending the first two, 100 percent of the attendee respondents said they were either extremely likely or likely to attend our candidate experience workshops again.
And 100 percent of the attendee respondents said they were extremely likely or likely to refer talent acquisition professionals to our candidate experience workshops.
Even better news!
There are still workshops coming to a city near you and we hope to see you there:
This half-day Talent Board workshops include:
- A keynote presentation by a transformative recruiting leaders and CandE winners
- Talent Board candidate experience benchmark research
- Multiple opportunities to network with your peers
Each workshop will also include interactive breakout exercises that cover topics like:
- A customer-centric approach to recruiting
- Employment branding best practices
- Prepping the interview team and the candidates
- Deconstructing process and technology
- Measuring and monitoring candidate experience
- Communication and feedback differentiators
- The business impact of candidate experience
It’s also your opportunity to participatein our annual research program and receive valuable feedback from your candidates and critical benchmark data to compare your recruiting efforts to other companies in a variety of industries.
The Talent Board Candidate Experience Awards Benchmark Research Program exists to enable any company to better understand and improve their overall recruiting processes and candidate experience through survey research. The program offers employers big and small across industries in North America, EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) and APAC (Asia- Pacific) a confidential and anonymous opportunity to learn how their organization’s candidate experience practices compare to those of their peers, while gaining insight into the latest tools and strategies for optimizing the recruiting process.
Any employer interested in enhancing their candidate experience will bene t from participating in the annual Talent Board Benchmark Program. Registration for the 2018 CandE Awards program is now open.
Benefits of Participating include:
- Confidential research program for employers and candidates
- Methodology resources and best practices provided – Talent Board guides you on which candidates to target and why
- Comprehensive aggregate benchmarking data from both the employer and candidate survey results
- Industry recognition for employers with highest positive candidate ratings via webcasts, podcasts, in-person meetings and more
- Access to industry peers and experts on candidate experience
Let’s elevate and promote a quality candidate experience together!
Kevin W. Grossman
President, Global Programs