Candidate Experience Is 2021’s Top Recruiting Activity, Say Employers
Employers cited the candidate experience as their top primary recruiting activity for 2021. They also named various stages of the candidate experience to their list of top ten recruiting activities this year.
You can see the complete list by downloading our 2020 CandE Benchmark Research Reports. In the meantime, here’s a look at employers’ top five activities, ranked globally, although results were very similar within each of the four regions we surveyed:
- Candidate experience (76%)
- Diversity and inclusion (69%)
- Employer branding (58%)
- Screening and interviewing (48%)
- Recruitment marketing (47%)
Without question each of these activities deserves employers’ attention. But it was gratifying to see how highly they prioritized the candidate experience. Then again, I may be a little biased.
The CandE Sponsor Community Can Help!
To accomplish these recruiting activities, employers told us they’ll use a variety of tools and methods including improving processes and efficiencies, adding staff, implementing new technologies, and even outsourcing. If your company is in need of reliable solutions and partners to assist with these activities, there’s no better place to begin than within the CandE sponsor community.
Here are several great examples:
- Surveys can help you optimize your candidate experience by pinpointing exactly where problems are occurring. Survale enables you to survey candidates, recruiters, and hiring mangers at each stage of your recruiting process to give you actionable insights.
- If you want to save your team countless hours every day, Paradox’s AI recruiting assistant automates lots of recruiting tasks such as candidate screening, scheduling of interviews, and answering candidates’ questions. It also can help you conduct video interviews at the touch of a button and launch mobile-friendly virtual hiring events.
- Another great comprehensive platform worth checking out is Phenom’s Talent Experience Management Platform, an AI-powered solution that offers a chatbot, virtual recruiting, a CRM, access to a talent marketplace, analytics and more.
- If you’re looking for a customizable, plug-and-play solution that spans the entire candidate/employee experience, take a look at Engage2Excel’s Career Experience Suite. It’s backed by deep expertise and decades of research.
- Need to update your hiring process? Modern Hire’s enterprise-grade platform combines the predictive power of pre-hire assessments, interview technology, automated interview scoring, automated workflows, advanced analytics, AI, and more.
- Beamery’s talent operating system enables you to attract, engage, and retain talent, deliver best-in-class candidate experiences, and manage the entire journey with a single platform. It’s also the first platform to bring predictive marketing and data-science to recruitment.
- For companies interested in making unbiased decisions throughout the employee journey, SHL offers an array of solutions including its Virtual Assessment and Development Center, which was recognized as the Best Innovative Tech Solution for Talent Acquisition in 2020 by the HR Tech Awards. SHL customers using this solution report an overall cost reduction of 20%, and a time savings of 75%.
- Jobvite can help you optimize your candidate journey using AI, automation, and analytics, all of which you can leverage for continuous improvement. Jobvite’s Talent Acquisition Suite includes recruitment marketing, intelligent messaging, an ATS, and more.
- If you’re seeking talent with greater diversity, technical expertise, or hard-to-find skillsets, SeekOut’s platform may be ideal. It’s advanced AI capabilities can help you to diversify your talent pipeline with deep talent analytics so you can proactively source qualified candidates, reduce bias and achieve your recruiting goals faster.
- Wade & Wendy leverages AI, natural language processing, machine learning and other technologies to help you make more informed hiring decisions. It also automates repetitive recruiting tasks, sources passive talent, builds talent pipelines, generates personalized messages to candidates, and so much more—all to help you create a more engaging candidate experience.
- The iCIMS Talent Cloud is a recruiting platform that uses AI and machine learning to deliver solutions across every stage of the talent journey. iCIMS can help you with CRM, ATS, interviews and assessments, offer management, onboarding and more.
- Bringing the right employees onboard faster is a wish-list item for most employers. Skill Survey helps you do exactly that via cloud-based reference-checking, sourcing, and post-hire solutions. Among its products are offerings related to reference checks, talent sourcing, post-hire engagement, credentialing and more.
- Recruitment teams that want to automate tasks and empower smarter candidate interactions should explore Symphony Talent’s recruitment marketing technology. Its SmashFlyX platform unifies CRM, career site, and programmatic advertising for comprehensive talent campaigning and marketing.
Of course, those are just some of the innovative companies and solutions within the CandE community. If elevating your candidate experience is a goal in 2021, you might also want to check out the products and services from other proven organizations in our sponsor community such as HireClix, Meet & Engage, pymetrics, SmartRecruiters, brazen, Clinch, Eightfold AI, Fairygodboss, Gem, GR8 People, Hourly by AMS, PeopleResults, TalentCulture, TalVista, UrbanBound, and XOR.
One last thing. If you’re not already participating in our 2021 CandE benchmark research program, you can do so by clicking here. It’s a great way to learn what candidates actually think about your company’s talent acquisition process and how you stack up against your competitors.
Be safe and well.
Kevin Grossman, Talent Board President